What is kindness? We wondered this when our Page-A-Day colouring calendar threw us this quote “Kind things I said today“. It certainly got us thinking about humanity, communication and the gentle art of being kind.
- How many kind things do you say, and do, every day? Do your smile and kind words make a cat purr, or a doggy tail wag, or a human glad to know you?
What is Kindness to Your Pet, and to People?
Kindness makes us all happy! The MMMrrrrrrrEEEEeeoowwWWW of a cat as it pounces and plays with the catnip mouse it got for it’s Gotcher Day. The happy whizzing tail of a pup going at top speed when its owner is kind, and gives praise for a training session that has gone well.
For humans, the pleasant thank you to the cashier at the supermarket reminds them there are nice people, and not everyone is Mr Grumpy who just stomped abusing the staff because he couldn’t get what he wanted.
What is Kindness to a Rescue?
For a rescue kindness can make the difference between life and death for a kitten who is sick. Kindness can prompt the donation that pulls the cat, or pup, from a dreadful kill shelter. [Just as the opposite will ensure the pet dies there.]
- Be aware of the animals in your life. Be kind to them whether they be pedigree or rescues.
- Be aware cats need to go to the vet regularly – not when it is too late………
- Be aware cats need to be neutered/spayed to avoid more litters of kittens ending up in high kill shelters.
- Finally – It is unkind to insist a cat have ‘just one litter‘. This is a myth and an old wives tale.
Be kind and conscious of your pet’s health at all times, and of the people around you. There are a host of blogs that cover pet health, and human worries, in clear and helpful detail, a favourite cat blog of ours is Pawesome Cats who we interviewed here.
[clickToTweet tweet=”What is kindness to you? Do you agree with our view?” quote=”What is kindness to you?”]
When in doubt, be kind.
Kindness Monitor for the DK Crew