Do you know about the Timmy’s Ashes Project? Raise a paw, c’mon there if you do. If you don’t, read on for a fantastic and inspiring story! [Updated 2022]
Timmy was a special cat with neurological damage caused by poor quality Over The Counter (OTC) flea treatments, and many of you will remember our In Memoriam about the cat who changed the world for us, humans and cats alike.
- Elisa Black-Taylor has written an inspring and moving account of Timmy’s life here, please take a moment to read it.
Timmy Lipenda’s Story
The impact that one small cat, and his human’s ceaseless attempts to remove OTC ‘treatments’ from the shelves of shops and stores is immense. Claudia, Timmy’s Sherpa, his human mom, has made several trips to Washington DC, the heart of the USA’s legal system attempting to encourage the legal eagles to remove these unsafe remedies entirely. It is an ongoing fight and one we must all support.
- A group of people have been chosen to ensure a tiny portion of Timmy’s ashes are to be scattered in every country of the world they can reach, and every State of the USA. There are even plans to get a tiny vial out to Antarctica.
- Each of us who has one of the tiny vials will chronicle their scattering in pictures and/or with video, and write an piece about the impact Timmy had on us. These will be made into a downloadable book available to all. [I will add a link when work begins.]
- A map is being assembled giving the location of each tiny scattering of ashes and the Timmy Stones that accompany them. The map will (eventually) be here, so everyone can see it. People will be able to visit many of the locations.
- We are thrilled to find there will be a Timmy Stone in Phoenix AZ. It is a location we hope to visit! Another blessing of our BlogPaws visit.
Our Story for the Timmy’s Ashes Project
Our story will include discovering Timmy, and the gifting by a talented (anonymous) designer who contributed a wonderful design to Timmy’s Be The Wave campaign. We still think it looks wonderful today. These three words ‘be the wave’ are a rallying call for Timmy’s fans. We are all the Wave, the unstoppable force that will remove OTC flea treatments by refusing to use them and spreading the word on their dangers to everyone we know. We hope our story will do Timmy justice.
So, now you know, the Timmy’s Ashes Project is a world-wide collaboration by strangers with a common bond. Just like pet bloggers worldwide, Timmy’s supporters all focus on the same common goals, the celebration of our cats, their health, welfare and safety. We finish with Claudia’s words about Timmy’ ashes going worldwide. I can think of no better way to finish off this post!
“I am not sure that I can completely comprehend the vastness of this. I get glimpses of it when I look at all the places Timmy will be honored: Netherlands,US (nearly every state but South Dakota), Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, Fiji, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, England, Serbia, Athens,Rome, Egypt, China, France, Venezuela, Switzerland, Germany, India, Japan, Hong Kong, Norway and we are working on getting Timmy to Antarctica in the Australian spring.“
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
Marjorie is a motorbike riding blogger and award winning cat photographer who believes that everyone can shoot and edit wonderful pictures they love regardless of the camera they use.
She is a Professional member of the Cat Writers Association, Kuykendall Image Award winner and published photographer at the Guardian newspaper.