The Petcube Play is the best pet monitor this year and the most stylish on the market today. As soon as word got out I would be reviewing the new home pet monitor, the Petcube Play, pet parents began asking us questions. [Updated November 2018]
Petcube Pet Cam Offer
The Crew and I are excited to bring you our review of the most stylish, modern and easy to use pet cam on the market. Many have read my review of the original groundbreaking Petcube Camera and wanted to know more about the ‘Play’ model.
Dash Kitten received a complimentary Petcube Play for review. Our blog only shares news and products we feel are relevant to our readers because you matter to us. The opinions here are 100% our own and we are responsible for the content of this post and the affiliate links included.
The Petcube Play Report
I am reporting on one cool piece of cat technology. The Petcube Play is a fun and useful pet surveillance camera for every pet parent! It allows you to keep an eye on your cat or dog, and to communicate by voice if they need reassurance or interaction. This happens through your ‘phone while you are away. Even if you are somewhere else in your home, it’s fun to check the Petcube wifi pet camera.
“Is the Play Bigger? Better?” The Play is lighter and more compact than the classic Petcube home camera, as you can see from the comparison picture. It continues the development of stylish design and product enhancement begun by its bigger sibling. The camera stands a mere 7.5 cms square or 3x3x3 inches and comes with a generous 2.7 metres (9 feet) of cable, allowing you to position the Play at different heights.
“What does the Petcube Play DO?”
This was the big question from our readers. Let’s me give you a run down of the camera highlights:
- The Play streams video at 1080p which is High Definition video. A bit too technical? Try this to get a better idea. The BBC, EBU and all major USA channels use HD at 1080, as does your Blu-ray player. It’s that good. It also looks great on your smartphone.
- There is a fun laser for you to use when playing with your pet. The laser is certified safe for pets and human use. We have used the laser as a great toy when visiting other Play-mates around the world and feel happy using it on our own Petcube.
- There is clear two-way audio between you and your pet. You can chat on the pet cam from anywhere, although Mum does shut up sometimes!
- Sound and Motion Alerts This a big reason many people buy a pet monitor. The ‘Alert’ setting triggers a notification to you when there is movement or sound. This is useful if you have a pet you need to keep an eye on – a senior, or a nursing mom, foster kittens or a puppy in a crate. Settings for this are easy to adjust (even for my paws).
- FUN TIP You can now add a bio for each of your fur family. The Dash Kitten Crew aim to squeeze as many of us on as we can! Let people know who your pets are, it gives them a reason to get in touch with a fellow cat lover.
- Petcube Play changes and adjustments are made in the easy to find ‘Camera Settings’ section of the Petcube easy to use app (see our snapshot). There have been multiple upgrades to the smartphone interface and app for the Petcube. This home camera consistently on top of the pet monitor game which is impressive and reassuring.
Petcube Play Report – The Special Features
There are some cool special pet cam features that you really need to know about. They take pet monitoring devices to a whole new level!
- The Night Vision Camera. This is the major update for many cat camera fans, and it is the most fun ever! Not only does it allow you to see your pets during the day, but you can also keep an eye on them out when they are active during the night. How busy are your cats at night? You may be surprised.
- Every user get 4 hours of free CARE video history time. The video is set to record by two simple triggers, movement or sound. For the free video it records for four hours, then starts again! You have the ability to download and save video segments to show friends. Your settings are simple to adjust for auto recording, and you can also stop your CARE recording by setting it to ‘sleep‘ at any time.
- FUN TIP Night vision makes your house look really different! Check out our daytime curtains, and the night-time version! Mum wishes we really had white curtains!
CARE video expansion packs
You also have the option to buy more Cloud time, if you need it. Again, for specific purposes, this can be very useful e.g. a sick pet, noting how often a pet moves, monitoring a sick kitten or nursing mom. We have the three-day option which allows us to track cat movement at the camera location.
The Petcube Community
Finally, we need to mention one thing we really like that the publicity doesn’t spotlight – the growing community of Petcube members. You can see pictures other users have posted, and comment on them via the Petcube app on your smartphone. This is one of the real treats of the Petcube community, as cat cafes, ordinary people, rescues, and vet hospitals all have Petcubes, allowing you a glimpse into another pet world to your own.he most #stylish #petmonitor on the market for you #lifestyleClick To Tweet
The Petcube Play is easy to use, and reassuring to have in our home. We think you should check them out and get free shipping (USA friends) or check the worldwide store to start exploring Petcube now.
We have to ask, what would you find your fur family up to, if you had a Petcube?
Silver Kitten with his
Petcube Play Report