Promote Your Blog Post? Isn’t that a lot of hard work say newbies?
It’s OK to be Lazy!
We confess, here at Dash Kitten when we make a movie we want the sharing to be sweet and simple. Our blog post needs to reach as many people on the virtual streets as possible. We know people will see our skills at work and want to be learn more from the blog, or attend our upcoming Pet Movies for the Terrified course.
We went out and found some easy, effective ways publicise and share a blog. You might be a newbie sharing their first sponsored blog post, or a post that matters to you about a pet rescue. Sharing is a great (and free) way to support a cause. Bloggers don’t always want to use blog sharing websites, they want to jump in and get busy themselves.
How to promote your blog post
How did we learn about sharing? Some time ago we were keen to help publicise Timmy Lipenda’s amazing Made in the USA Dirty Flea Soap. We were new to sharing with the intention of making an impact, and kept a note of what worked for us then.
Most of these might seem ‘Duh’ or obvious but it never hurts to remind ourselves from time to time that ‘One and Done‘ is not how a blogger shares a post!
TIP To maximise impact and publicise a post try to use as many of these as you can. Also spread shares over a period of time to cover more time zones. If you have a scheduler – Use It! You can schedule on a Facebook page, a blog, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- First and easiest of all! Cut and paste the link from the blog address bar and add it to a Facebook Page, or Twitter. Boom, job done fast. Great if you only have half a minute.
- If you are a blogger look up how to share blog posts automatically on social media. Every post will go out at your scheduled time.
- Using a link shrinker like bitly. This can make a large clunky link look nicer, and easier to share.
- Another super easy idea. Make sure your post has visible social media buttons, then ask people to share. Make your reader’s life easier and they WILL share.
- Share buttons work. Social media channels like Google+ have a window that pops up asking you to add a few words to personalise, then you post*.
- See if the post has a Pinterest friendly image. Pin to any relevant groups you belong to, and a specific page that has a similar focus or intention. TIP Does your popular post have a pinnable image? Does it need freshening up?
- Instagram You can link your link blog to Instagram if you have an account there. A recent filter post of ours caused quite a stir.
- We assume you will be registered with the sites mentioned (via Google or email).
Did you share for a friend today, or share an older post you really feel deserves the spotlight?
Promote Your Blog Post Author