Today is the day. #RememberMeThursday 2020 is here. The day we hold in our hearts the abandoned pets that died in shelters and help people #SeeTheLight about shelter adoption.
The Dash Kitten #RememberMeThursday 2020 video will also be available on Twitter and Facebook for you to share! [2019 Video is here]
Why We Need #RememberMeThursday 2020
To get the world talking about pet adoption.
Using the hashtags #SeeTheLight and #RememberMeThursday and post photographs of your own rescue pets. Post several through the day, or schedule if you can.
Pictures can be shelter or rescue pets, breed specific rescue pets, cats, reptiles, rabbits, mice, dogs – whatever. Your Pet can help people see the light about shelter and rescue pet adoption.
How You Can Help #SeeTheLight
We need to light up the online world on Thursday 24th September 2020, around the world.
- Tweet about your favourite rescue pet.
- Shout on Facebook about your special breed rescue
- Treat Tumblr to pictures of your rescue pet
- Be a proud pet parent and show your own video of your pet enjoying life – so it inspires others to adopt a rescue pet. No perfection required. Just a lot of your love.
- Always use the hashtags #RememberMeThursday and #SeeTheLight with every single post.
Win On #RememberMeThursday 2020
Check the RememberMe Thursday contest here. Win for you and for a nominated rescue. Here’s how:
- Submit your pet’s photo and story directly to the contest page.
- Or, post a picture of your best friend on social media using both the hashtags #RememberMeThursday and #SeeTheLight.
- Encourage your friends to enter, too!
- NEW! This year has a people’s choce entry to submit to and vote for.
1st place – $5,000 monetary prize, 1,000 pounds of Blue Buffalo pet food and 100 Kong toys
2nd Place – $2,500 monetary prize, 1,000 pounds of Blue Buffalo pet food and 100 Kong toys
3rd place – $1,000 monetary prize, 1,000 pounds of Blue Buffalo pet food and 100 Kong toys
All of the Dash Kitten Crew are rescue cats and we support our local rescues and the rescue work done by Neko Ngeru Cat Adoption Cafe.
We are doing our best to stop the millions of abandoned pets dumped every year by educating children and adults alike to be compassionate to animals, embrace TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) and adopt responsibly. Yes, this can mean from a breeder but a REPUTABLE one or a breed specific rescue!!