What is #RememberMeThursday? Why does it matter to you and I as Pet Lovers and Pet Photographers or Bloggers or Instagrammers or Artists?
What difference can one person make? Join us on Pet Parade 371 to find out what you can do to prepare for Remember Me Thursday on 24th of deptember.
It matters because the talents of all of us, as creatives, are still needed to educate the people around us about the millions of pets who don’t survive shelters.
Our collective aim as writers and artists should be to do one thing:
EDUCATE PEOPLE ABOUT PETS
We don’t need to stand on our soap box and yell at people. Chances are they will ignore us anyway. BUT
If we show though our worldwide sharing of shelter pets that local shelters are a great option when you are looking for your next family member …..
I have done this annually with a short #RMT movie that I try to keep under one minute so it’s Instagram as well as Twitter and Facebook friendly.
We will win!
OK. Let me share a few tips to give you focus for your #RememberMeThursday ideas:
- People should always consider adoption. If they have a dream breed see 2.
- There are breed specific rescues for everything from a Siamese to a Rabbit. Guinea Pigs and Reptiles also have specialised rescues.
- If you are happy with a friendly and totally loving shelter cat or goofy rescue puppy? Head to a shelter and reduce the number of pets who die by adopting one who will love you forever.
- If it’s cats adopt two. A bonded pair of two cats who get along is a win win and great company for each other when you go out.
- Remember. Your cute pet shop puppy will most likely be from the equivalent of a filthy factory farm where money matters more than clean cages. Puppy mill dogs also carry the risk of a lifetime of health issues.
Now going into its eighth year, Remember Me Thursday® aims to unite individuals and pet adoption organizations around the world to be an unstoppable, integrated voice for orphan pets in need of forever homes.Helen Woodward Animal Foundation
How Do We Help on #RememberMeThursday?
Advocate with Images and Words
The blogosphere needs to be flooded with your images and words up to, and on Thursday 24th of September using the hashtags #RememberMeThursday and #BeTheLight.
- Do you Write?
- Create Poetry?
- Do you Draw?
- Do you Sculpt, Sketch or Paint?
- Do you take Photographs like me?
Use the prompt ideas to inspire people to look into shelters. Share the #RememberMeThursday hashtag with your creation, blog post or poem. You can also show off your own loved rescue pet’s image and share how proud you are of a shelter pet.
Time Saving Post Tips
Do you have an automated scheduler like SocialBee or HootSuite? Use it to plan the next few days. You can change the wording or hashtags for each post.
Facebook’s own scheduler on a page gives you access to a linked Instagram account.
Any questions check with the remember Me Thursday team here.
Totally Pushed for Time?
Absolutely no time at all but really want to help?
Grab a few of the ready-made graphics from the #RMT website and schedule Facebook posts, tweets, Tumblr posts and Instagram shares.
Changing just one mind can save a life. Share this to help others #SeeTheLight about pet adoption on #RememberMeThursday.