Welcome to Photo Filter Fun on Pet Parade 274.
Your social media shares are one of the highlights of our week and we love to visit! I have been working at the local university helping with the end of year exams which cut into visiting but but we are all caught up now!
Photo Filter Fun Using Photolab
Today we are using an image that you may recognise from this post. Spot from the cat cafe had been fragmented and transformed with a Photolab filter.
Photolab is available for iPhone and Android smartphones with free and modestly priced subscriptions. Many of the filters can be a real eye opener, so I will share more over the coming weeks.
I used Stylised Effects Square Abstract Art Filter for Spot’s transformation.
Although I am very pleased with the original, I was curious how filters would work in such a picture of dramatic contrasts. This is part of the fun of using your smartphone filters so I recommend you try one or two yourself.
This is the original, just in case you were curious!
Photo Filter Fun Question
Do you have a spectacular filter you love?
Or an app you want to recommend?
Please let me know in the comments. It’s hard to keep up with all the new discoveries appearing! Photolab is a favourite but we hear good things about PiZap and even Instagram’s filters can be very effective. Let us know your favourites.
Photo Filter Fun Tips
- Save an image immediately if you like it. It’s easy to forget which setting you used.
- Keep exploring. Even a subdued filter could create a surprising image.
- Remember you can add text later to a filtered image and make a great meme.
- Share your finished filtered images. Instagram as #filterfun and #filterfriday and other hashtags.
Join Dash Kitten, Bionic Basil & Barking from the Bayou
Don’t let the Pet Parade pass you by.
Marjorie and the Dash Kitten Crew
having Photo Filter Fun!
- The Effective Use of a Filter on Your Cat Portrait
- On a Clear Day Filter
- Valentine’s Day Cat Portraits for Pet Parade 287
- Filter Fun with an iPhone App