We were not going to until the week-end but Net Neutrality came up.
It is a very serious matter for cats and their humans.
Net Neutrality How it Affects Ordinary People and Cats
- Without it people would have to pay much more to access the internet at speeds most of us are becoming used to, even slower that dialup! Why is this? Because ISP’s want new powers to control what we do online and this is scary – worldwide scary.
Who is getting involved with this protest???
Big Companies! Some of Which Sell Cat Stuff You Buy!
If you take a look at this page on the ‘Day of Action for Net Neutrality‘ site, scroll down just a little bit and see the huge number of major companies, involved in the 12th of July day of action. Companies we might all use such as :
- Think Geek
- Tumblr……. and hundreds more.
Do you Want a Slow Internet? No, and We Don’t Either!
So, don’t just think ‘everyone else will take care of it’. They won’t. It is up to us pet owners, family members, phone users surfing the ‘net and checking email, and everyone we care about and want to stay in touch with. US citizens can write to Congesss here.
Please speak up. Or you may spend :
- Five minutes loading each of your favourite blogs
- 15 minutes waiting for Amzon to load before ordering cat food.
- Hours waiting for Netflix to even start working….
Marjorie, Harvey, Miranda, Dot, Silver, Phoebe
and the Angel Cats at Dash Kitten