Wow, here’s a call to action, make 2017 your year!
Dusty and the Crew here with some eye-opening tips, and dynamic suggestions, to take 2017 and make it the year YOU do stuff! Some suggestions are for readers, others for blogging buddies. They will all be useful to anyone looking to make a difference to their own year.
Make 2017 Your Year – Resolutions
No one makes resolutions. They are So. Last. Year.
What we have these days are GOALS. A goal is something to aim for – a hope, a dream. It may be getting a new cat bed, a new party dress, or travelling to BlogPaws® for the first time. It is something you aim to do, or be, in the time ahead.
“If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough“
A goal is something you plan for, aim for, and reach for. You do it in steps and stages – one paw step at a time, day, after week, after month. You can rethink at any and every stage of your goal – this is not a pass or fail ‘situation’ it’s your journey.
Make 2017 Your Year – Multitasking
OK Watch my paw….. No-one – multitasks – anymore. It is So. Last. FurEVER!
Multitasking is a dangerous myth that makes people work harder not better, causing stress, upset and worry. You need to work mindfully, on one thing at a time. Don’t rush blindly at everything at once – take a breath. Focus and clarity will make each task you undertake better and more life enhancing.
Think about this….. The cat toys you make, one at a time, stitched by hand; or the blog post you spend time on, crafting pinnable images, being aware of the impact of text, SEO and your post’s impression on readers. Monofocusing means you enjoy what you do – one task at a time.
Make 2017 Your Year – M.I.T’s
M.I.T’s are Most Important Tasks.
- The M.I.T. works for everyone. If you have limited blogging or creating time, if you feel depressed or don’t feel in control – even if your list only has one thing on it. If you DO that one thing you have achieved your goal!
The Important Tasks list is a mainstay of how we work now at Dash Kitten and it will help you too. Each day, rather than overwhelm yourself with lots, and Lots, and LOTS of things – do this…..
- Grab a pen and papr
- Write down a list 1, 2, 3,
- Now, write down the 3 Most Important Things you need to do today
- Now – go and do them
- Result – A huge sense of achievement at getting stuff done.
- If you have more time – do something else!
This is for blogging buddies. Some wing it, others plan months ahead. We confess it took us a while to see the benefits of planning a content schedule but we work with one now. It doesn’t need to be complicated, it just needs to be a list – something to give your plans scaffolding to work within.
Suggestions for your content schedule :-
- Weekly blog hops like Sunday Selfie, or Thankful Thursday.
- Special Days – see the BlogPaws 2017 list for useful dates.
- Your own Blogoversary – celebrate it!
- A giveaway. Self-sponsored or business – both are important to a blog
- Reviews – again self-sponsored or an official campaign are both legitimate content.
- Seasonal posts worldwide for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
So, off you go.
Live mindfully, conscious of how you spend your time, blog in a more organised way and above all – Be Happy. Without happines and hope we have nothing. So make something happen, make 2017 Your Year.
Make 2017 Your Year Reporter
May 2017 be a good year for you all!
Graphic help from JCroxas.com at Envato.