Today’s post showcases a fun and super easy way to create an instant bit of social media fun perfect for Christmas, or the summer holidays here in New Zealand. Grab your iPhone and use iPhone’s Magic Movie. I discovered this when I was short on time and wanted to get a video up online fast. How do I make a super quick movie like this one?
How to Use Apple Magic Movie
- Open iMovie
- Click Start New Project
- Select Magic Movie
- Preview your clips and select the ones you want to use.
- Using your finger, drag your clips into the order you like and click a clip to edit for length if you need to.
- Press ‘Create Magic Movie’ at the bottom of your screen.
- Magic Movie assembles your clips and stills into a short movie. (see Image 2)
- Run your instant movie to see if you like it OR go back and edit some more …..
- To do this, click on the pencil icon on the right to change or remove a clip.
- Run your movie to see if you like it then upload.
After you create a Magic Movie project, you can rearrange the video clips and photos that you initially selected and experiment with different styles, music, text and filter options. You can also edit each video clip individually.Apple
Editing Your Magic Movie
You have a surprising amount of control over your Magic Movie.
Tap the pencil beside each video clip to access editing options or remove the clip.
Top right on your screen you will see a small sparkly film strip. Tap this to change the presentation of your movie. You will see names like ‘Charm’ ‘Poster’ and ‘Contemporary’ all of which make changes to how your film starts and, if you need it, adds a piece of music, although you can chose your own purchased, or copyright assured music.