We have been shopping for a colouring book to Colour a Cat!
Do you remember when we wrote about National Colouring Day and the massive popularity of colouring as a way for our humans to calm down and chill out? We were thrilled to discover that artist Vicki Boatright, known as BZTAT, has created a colouring book us felines can really support – called Color Me Cats it is packed with fun images for the colourist.
Color Me Cats is drawn in BZTAT’s own inimitable style; quirky not sugar sweet, approachable by beginners but with plenty of chances for the seasoned colourist to shine. The icing on the cake? It is designed, printed and bound in the USA.
I did a review of Color Me Cats. The video is short, sweet and full of information! I have added some Colouring Tips for Beginners under the Video. ** Work Warning :- be careful as the volume rises a few seconds in! A paw slip of mine I can’t rectify – sorry. **
Color me cats by The Dash Kitten Crew
Colouring Tips for Beginners – How to Colour a Cat
- You do not need to be a trained artist to colour – anyone can do it.
- Select the best quality pencils or markers (or crayons) you can for your budget; see if you can try out a sample. Whether you prefer a pencil or a Sharpie or Crayola is up to you – no-one else!
- Not sure about using a colour? Use a scrap of paper to try out combinations and see which works for you.
- Decide on your style – are you a ‘quick and easy‘ colourist, or are you the ‘take your time‘ type. Both are good, it depends on what you personally want to get out of colouring.
- Some people use a rigid clip board to rest their colouring on – this works really well if you have a book with detachable sheets like BZTAT‘s or a downloaded (single sheet) image. Support your colouring with a piece of thick paper or card.
- Got it wrong? Remember, it’s only paper – you didn’t get catnapped by aliens!
OK Guys, I gotta go – Silver will tickle me silly for posting while he was out! Any questions? Just shout out in the comments! OOOh aaaaand check out the slideshow below before you go too!