Blogging Courtesy is an important part of our online writing lives. We know that plenty of pet bloggers rock the blogosphere, and are a huge a support to each other, promoting relevant posts, tweeting about a really good blog story or an awesome giveaway.
We put together some quick ‘n dirty courtesy tips, thinking we ‘do as we would be done by’.
Some Do’s and Dont’s of Blogging Courtesy
- Go to blogs, don’t expect them to come to you.
- Visit fellow bloggers when you can, but don’t beat yourself up if you can’t visit every day. Pals blog when they can snatch a moment, their time is limited. Remember this.
- If you get comments regularly from a blogger – return the compliment. This support is your blogging lifeblood cherish it.
- If you DO comment regularly but do not have the compliment returned over time, quietly move on. Yes, people are busy, but even the blogosphere’s première bloggers find time to return the courtesy once in a while.
- If you come across a blog you don’t visit regularly but like a post, say so. You may not follow on a regular basis but giving due credit for a well written, thoughtful or fun post gives a real boost 🙂
- Finally, BE NICE. If you disagree with a blog post and feel you must comment, be courteous. What you write is public and remains so. Your online reputation should be above discourtesy or argument, regardless of a post’s subject matter.
What do you think? Is my list one you would agree with? What would YOU add to the list?