We heard yesterday that shelter animals may be being killed in the shelters along the path of Hurricane Harvey. Please read this from a FB colleague who says there ARE people working to help these animals. We never post back to back within hours but I know buddy Marv will understand our urgent need to let everyone know Austin Pets Alive are helping.
NOTE We are canvassing for responses for a fundraising auction to start within a few days. The go ahead depends on the response we get from friends and FB buddies. Let us know if you would be interested either donating an item or helping spread the social media word.
AUSTIN PETS ALIVE URGENT STATEMENT!!!!
“Austin Pets Alive needs two things NOW: litter, and fosters. We are pulling animals from shelters which are in the path of the storm. We are sending our animals to foster and backfilling those cages and kennels with animals that will otherwise be euthanized at south Texas shelters (to avoid them simply drowning ? ). To make matters worse, our regular litter shipment is delayed reaching us by 3 weeks at this point.
Litter and Cat Fosters and Dog Fosters Needed Now
- How can you help? First, if you’re in Austin, buy and drop off litter at our Town Lake shelter on Cesar Chavez.
- We need both clumping and non-clumping, as well as 12×10″ litter boxes to fit in crates/kennels. It can be taken straight to Building A/Davenport where it’ll be used.
- Second, go to https://www.austinpetsalive.org/get-involved/foster/ and fill out a foster application.
THANK YOU!” THESE PEOPLE ARE HELPING:
Help by donating cash or kind items (locally) They can save hundreds of lives if we all help! In Kind List is below…..
Austin Pets Alive is Helping. THEY NEED>>>>> In Kind Donations
- Large Wire Crates* – Our lifesaving will be extremely limited without these. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to accept borrowed crates or plastic ones, as we don’t currently have the capacity to manage.
- Cat Litter* – Clumping preferred, but non-clumping is needed as well.
- Canned Wet Food (Dog + Cat)*
- Litter Boxes – 12×10? or smaller
- Dog Treats – Chew Toys/Rawhides, Treat Logs, Peanut Butter and Milk Bones for Kongs
- Cat Beds (No bedding, please!)
- Large Metal Dog Bowls
- Large Trash Bags
- Cleaning Supplies – Bleach, paper towels, general purpose cleaner, latex gloves, and Clorox wipes.