A visit to Paris is on everyone’s bucket list. After the attacks last year the people of Paris did not falter, that great city beloved of visitors and romantics worldwide remains strong and beautiful. The iconic Tour Eiffel, usually vibrant with sparkling lights at night, went dark reflecting the grief of France but, two days later, the Tour Eiffel re-opened, lit defiantly in the tricolor of France. The people walked with purpose and hope.
Let us recommend some of the simple pleasures to enjoy when finding your way around Paris!
A visit to Paris – simple things to enjoy
- Paris is a city of contrasts and great atmosphere – take a walk.
- Or buy a Paris Visite ticket which gives unlimied travel making the city your oyster
- Simply walking by the river Seine can be a pleasure – the area between Musee d’Orsay and the louvre complex is fun.
- Lunch in the cafeteria at Galleries Lafayette can give you view of the Eifel Tower!
- Take the lift to Sacre Coeur for a superb view
- Paris is crammed with cafes you can’t go wrong with any one, even the touristy ones provide good service!