For Pet Blogging Month 2015 we celebrate the fact that Blogging is a serious business these days and that cats have achieved massively exciting things. There are increased sponsorship opportunities for blogs, with either cash or in kind rewards, and international pet bloggers are able to apply for increasing numbers of the opportunities available for campaigns run, for example, by Blog Paws.
With many companies now promoting at an international level the doors will, we hope, open to serious food, treat and toy reviews for those of us blogging in Europe and Australasia.
When Dash first started his international pet blogging career almost three years ago there seemed to be few of us outside the USA, but friends such as Austin (UK), and the multilingual Swiss Cats (Switzerland) have thriving blogs with extensive readerships ready to reach out with a life enhancing view of their world. These opportunities are ready and waiting for businesses wanting to reach a worldwide audience.
There are some fun benefits for international bloggers visiting American pet blogs as well, with several forward thinking bloggers including the opportunity for overseas visitors to enter give-aways and competitions. We have blogs like Summer at Sparklecat, and Waffles and Katie at Glogirly to thank for leading from the front. Sure, not every sponsor can include us, but, we often get the opportunity to donate to a USA based shelter or a friend if the prize can’t be shipped. These are all big steps in making pet blogging truly international.Look closely! Is this like your atlas?
This is why International Pet Blogging Month matters :-
- We have a window on another, wider, world. Our friends have gardens, events, medical news, and visits we discover for free!
- We learn the laws and customs of other countries.
- We see worldwide shelters and rescues at work, and affirm how the good we endeavour to do IS worldwide.
- We laugh with our friends, and grieve with those we have never met but who are still close to our hearts.
- We share, we learn and we educate each other. Education and understanding matters.