We are to help you make Bitly work for your blog and harnessing its power. Here at Dash Kitten we aim to bring you simple tech tips to start you off with confidence and, today, we introduce Bitly [Click to biggify the images and arrow back to shrinky them.]
Bitly is one site that we like a lot; and anyone who is an online seller, a blogger, or simply online to socialise, should have it firmly on their must use list. Bitly is a site that shrinks links efficiently and quickly. It makes a long unmanageable link of gobbledegook into something sweet and simple to share.
The Nitty Gritty – Make Bitly Work For Your Blog
- You can log on using Twitter – that’s how we do it, or via email.
- Bitly also tracks the number of clicks that your link captures. You can see how effective a tweet, or Facebook post is driving people to your rescue appeal, jewellery page, or publicity for an event. Check out some sample figures for our Hawaii cats at risk post, see the number of clicks achieved over a set period.
- Bitly lets us can work out the optimum (best) posting time as you get more practised at scheduling.
- Bitly also makes us all look smarter -:-) No long ugly links using up valuable Tweet Real Estate.
- You are demonstrating your skill with social media – less a newbie more like a pro!
- Bitly can help a rescue, group or online seller share complex information by linking to a page where the information IS – removing the need to struggle to condense information into a tweet or Facebook post.