Do you blog for your tribe, and the new readers you want to introduce to your amazing blog? Here’s a few vital tips.
We all love reading posts on how to do stuff (better), how to work out problems, maybe have a giggle along the way. There’s only one problem. We are really get put off by some so-called ‘modern’ techniques that we are starting to see used by bloggers.
Here are some of our fave fails, and helpful tips to improve!
Do you help your Tribe?
- Don’t have a ‘Hi and Welcome’ page where your visitors are shunted-off-to-at-lightening-speed-after-we-click to connect with you. Yes, this happens. #WorstFailEver as often there is no way to navigate to the page readers originally wanted.
- Find yourself a user friendly spam filter for comment registration. This is not easy, and something you may work on to find one that works for you.
- Cut the fancy schmancy “Master Mentor Magnifico” wooo woo psychobabble. We cats can’t read it, and don’t care what it means, we have 9 lives to live. Keep it clear, and clean.
- Be genuine, honest and professional
What Works for Your Tribe
- Don’t cram your ‘You might like…” and your bio all together on top of the comment box. If people can’t see a comment box, you risk losing them – they don’t scroll down, they click away!
- Blog trends change with time, 2016/17 is all about clean and clear with white space to let your images and text breath. Next year design ideas may shift slightly. Keep an eye on what elements of modern design will work for you.
- To recap :- Don’t overdo the dynamism, keep it professional and above all ‘think like a visitor‘, the person who has come to be entertained and informed by your blog. Read it like a stranger and make a new friend.
Yours Silver Kitten
Pet Blogger with patience on a short fuse