Our post today celebrates Dusty cat, Dash Kitten travel reporter and video maker.
Dusty crossed the Bridge one year ago on 24th of May 2017
Regular readers will remember how inspirational senior Dusty cat has been to our blog.
Here are some of the things he put under the spotlight for us:
- Dusty made us realise how amazing senior cats were as he followed in the footsteps of magnificat Nemo.
- He inspired some of our most loved videos, and no we don’t need an excuse to post one again 🙂 so we are!
- He made us realise senior cats can be a challenge, but you go with it (even if they do pee in the wrong place).
- Senior cats can surprise you! After a year with us Dusty meowed LOUDLY for the first time! We were so proud!
- A senior cat knows his own mind and may leave when he decides, not when you believe he is ready.
We are including a few of our favourite Dusty cat posts because he taught us to much and we need to pass in this knowledge.
- Dusty’s Drama Day. The valuable lessons we learned about judging when you need to head to the vet.
- Drop, Cover Hold with Dusty. Where we learned that earthquake drills are more common than we thought.
- Dusty’s Pet Wellness Roundup of recent posts.
We also want to thank Sarcastic Dog blog for suggesting Driving Mr Dusty as our title. It’s simple, memorable and a whole lot of fun, capturing the frail little senior who taught us that not every feline is a ‘scaredy cat’ in the car!
We look back on Dusty with love and fondness. We miss his strong character and know he will be looking down from the Bridge as we tend to other seniors in the future. Miss you Dusty cat.
Marjorie and the
Dash Kitten Crew