When the Crew put out the call for help with our fundraiser for Austin Pets Alive (APA) we got a positive response from absolutely everyone. Friends Mudpie, and Layla’s Woofs with her website stepped up to help us get the event up and running, and ensure transparency.
We were able to start helping a major no-kill shelter as it tackled the impact of Hurricane Harvey and its aftermath. This alone is reason to join Thankful Thursday with Brian and his family.
Hurricane Harvey The Impact of A Fundraiser
Alongside many other people and organisations we have raised money that has made a huge impact on the work APA has done. Many donated direct to APA as a result of the shares about the auction which is bonus.
- Around 3,000 animals have been rescued.
- Two temporary shelters were able to open to process the number of lost and abandoned animals .
- Many people have come forward to foster who did not do so before. More lives have been saved.
- The organisational savvy of APA has meant they could pull animals from Houston and the Texas coast at risk (that would probably have been killed…). They later helped the shelters get back on their feet.
- APA are partnering with local organisations, including Best Friends Animal Society, to both reunite lost pets and families, and find forever homes for others.
- So, if you donated an item, shared the auction and its items, you have made a huge difference and saved hundreds of lives.
Ooh You want to know the amount we raised?
Rescue Thanks You’s
We had a host of generous donors who gave to the auction.
- Happy Goat Soap – who were first to step up and even provided a beautiful graphic for us to use.
- Layla and Rochelle for the Auction Hosting.
- Dana Pixie – a pet lap quilt. Dana’s work is much sought after and her pet quilts are amazing
- Lisa Knigge for her small beautifully made treasures.
- Claire and The Swiss Cats. Their first donations to an auction = success!
- Cat Blogging buddy Cathy Keisha for her Colouring book which was snapped up.
- Glogirly, Katie and Waffles for their Glogirly Designed Gift Set that achieved our second highest bid of the event!
- A valuable diamond ring from Cori and Sebastian of Averting CATastrophe (who we met at BlogPaws) This item achieved our highest bid!
- Seville and Jennifer – who donated three hand knitted teacosies. Two of which sold!
- Lola the Rescued Cat and her mum Dawn for their awesome Gift Set.
- PawZaar who donated doggy cookie cutters thanks to Layla and her mum.
- Carol and Dexter of FidoseofReality who donated a unique collectable dog gift set.
- Susan Bewley of Budget Earth for her donation of some gorgeous and unique mugs (See FB).
- Lisa Richman and the Crew at A Tonk’s Tail for their ‘Rescued’ volume which went to a determined bidder! (Buy your copy direct at their link)
- Rochelle and Layla for charms, treasures, and books which made a big difference to our total.
- Donor Mouche the Cat who donated way Way WAAAYYYY more than she bid on her item. You rock.
- Emmy Scammerhorn for her late addition that was snapped up FAST!
- Dorothy Wills-Raferty of the famous Five Sibes for her late addition (which we bought for our grandma!)
A Fundraiser Changes Lives
This village of people made a massive difference to literally hundreds of cats and dogs. We have helped pay vet bills, buy medicine, keep places clean, buy petrol (gasoline) to drive to rescue animals. Every dollar of the money raised by you all has saved lives after Hurricane Harvey, and beyond. Austin Pets Alive are still busy saving lives and getting the No-Kill message out there. Thank you everyone for your donations, your support and your social media shares.