The Raindrop Pet Fountain was supplied to us by Pioneer Pets free of charge. DashKitten.com only share news and products we feel are relevant to our readers, because you matter to us. The opinions here are 100% our own and we are responsible for the content of this post. – Harvey Button, Reviewer
As a senior with mild kidney issues myself, clean water is critical for my health and wellbeing, so I am delighted to be reviewing a pet drinking fountain that is very practical and stylish. It could play an important part in encouraging correct hydration for your own fur family too.
How We Met the Raindrop Drinking Fountain!
Pioneer Pets shared a picture on their Twitter feed from the BlogPaws® Conference and one striking image of the Raindrop was all it took to grab my attention. Like most of you, whatever the season, I love access to a fresh drink of water and this must be the best cat water fountain of 2017!
Let me give you a quick rundown of the fountains highlights that caught my eye:
- The Raindrop’s super stylish polished Stainless Steel shape
- The generous capacity of 60 oz. (1.77 litres) of water
- It’s easy to clean
- A quiet pump with replaceable Premium Charcoal Filters (changed every 2 to 4 weeks depending on usage)
- A pet safe low voltage 6’/1.82m power cord
- Dishwasher friendly.
Setting Up The Raindrop
You will find the fountain very easy to put together. There are two stainless steel parts, and a separate filtration motor which is set in an elegant clam shell shaped housing.
When you set up the Raindrop, make sure you position the water pump so that it meets the top of the tear drop opening. This allows the gentle flow of water, and the hushed pump-action, to start working. Our picture below gives you a good idea of the set up.
- We recommend you have the instruction book nearby to ensure correct placement when you put the Raindrop together for the first time.
How Will the Raindrop Work for You?
This is one of the quietest cat fountains we have tried. The only noticeable sound is the gentle movement of the filtered water. This perfectly masks the tiniest of hums from the small motor. Perfect.
Pioneer Pet know their pet parents might find transitioning to a new drinking fountain a challenge, so she initially set up the Raindrop without turning it on. The whole family got used to it as a plain water bowl for several days.
You may find that this slow introduction means your cat(s) will be much less nervous of the Raindrop. I was the first to try the working fountain, which was a surprise for Mum as I am a ‘settled in my ways’ senior. I enjoy drinking from the larger bowl as well as the top where the water bubbles out freshly aerated.
Who Would Love the Raindrop Fountain?
- For the multipet household the generous 60 fl oz capacity lets everyone have a share.
- Busy pet parents. The Raindrop is easy to clean and we clean ours weekly in five minutes. The motor is easy to clean monthly (Pioneer Pet video.)
- For anyone with a love of cool design, this is one of the most elegant fountains
- There is even a large size ceramic model for larger dogs.
Overall Impressions of the Raindrop Drinking Fountain
Mum fell in love with its clean lines and smooth good looks, and, as no-one wants to spend their precious down time washing up, the fact that this is the easiest to clean cat water fountain out there is a big plus!
Mum also loves the clear instruction manual from Pioneer Pet too. It is comprehensive and covers assembly, installation, cleaning and restarting the fountain after its weekly clean. There is also a section on motor maintenance – showing how easy it is. Any problems contact Pioneer Pets by email.
A Bonus Water Fountain Treat
Check the Dash Kitten Crew’s special Motor and Fliter Assembly Bonus Video. Pioneer Pets are so pleased with it that you will find our video on their site to assist other pet fountain users.
Where can I get The Raindrop Drinking Fountain?
- Amazon USA (Smile link for Place for Cats).
- Amazon Ceramic Raindrop.(Smile link)
- Full Selection of Fountains at Pioneer Pet
We would love to know how you keep hydrated during the summer, apart from a Raindrop!
The Raindrop Reviewer
Image Credits Envato : Cat: Stokkete; Kitchen: Siraphol; Lounge: Bialasiewicz