Call the missing Tabcat tracker! We originally received a complimentary Tabcat set from Loc8tor for review. This update and its opinions are 100% our own, and we are responsible for the content of this post. We only share news and products we feel are relevant to our readers.
The Case of the Missing Collar – a Case for the Missing Tabcat Tracker?
What the heck happened??? OK, Let us tell you the story!
A collar went missing, no big deal you say, except it was outdoors girl Natasha. She was wearing a collar from our friends the Cool Cat Collar Company with a Tabcat tag attached! So, of course, Mum had to go into the garden (Natasha’s stamping ground!) and find it! It turned out to be a useful learning experience, and we thought we would share what we learned while searching for our Tabcat tag.
On the trail with the Tabcat Tracker!
We knew from our original review of the Tabcat, that it is great to help find a missing feline, but could we find the smaller tag on its own? Our garden backs on to tree filled bush, and a stream flows beyond it. Not the easiest of places to find a collar and tag, as you can see in the video of Natasha’s playground! It seemed the ideal way to put our Tabcat through its paces ‘in real life’……..
Tips We learned When Locating a Tag
Our experience hunting for Natasha’s tag, and finding it, has allowed us to note tips we found helpful. While these refer to our cat, they can alos be applied to any inanimate item you have attached a Tag to.
- The key is to start calmly and quietly. Take a breath. Scan around you carefully, until you get a signal.
- NOTE Be patient, be quiet, and listen to your handset.
- When you start getting a signal, walk in that direction. Stop and correct if your signal begins to fade.
- When you reach a full set of lights on the handset, stop and look carefully around. The object of your search is nearby.
- It took us a few attempts to locate our tag on its own. Why? Because it was not attached to a cat, or other large object!
- With patient searching, we found our tag and collar.
If you need a full demonstration of what the Tabcat actually does, check out original video below to see the cat tracker in action.
We hope you enjoy Natasha’s video, we had a lot of fun making it.
Tabcat and Tech Editor