Today we are thankful we can read, and write and (maybe) do arithmetic! Welcome to our post, part of the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop with Brian Frum and his fur family where reading and rescue matters most of all.
What brings this on – I can see your puzzled looks? Well, look at Dusty and I in the image above, absorbed in words, at peace, involved in our books, reading……
Here’s some reasons why :-
- Words are power.
- Words can make a wonderful appeal. Like this one for a forever home. Savannah’s inspiring post about Momma Kat, in CA. USA a kitty miracle.
- Words, like our post on the Cat Man of Aleppo, describe things. With them we discover the world, we can also change the world.
- Words written rescue a cat; words read, like Brian’s post about buddy Roo, in South Carolina, USA help a cat find a good home.
- Words allow us to agree, to disagree, and to discuss.
- Reading allows us to share for those in need.
- You use words to say Thank You to friends and
- Thank you Sammy of One Spoiled Cat – We love you Mate.
We forgot to mention writing and arithmetic? OK *thinks*….. writing we just did (OK typing MOL!!) as for arithmetic * shuffles nervously * maybe another day………….
Oh and before we go. Thanks to the Kitties Blue for notifying us about this graphic of Sammy of OneSpoiledCat) who is unwell. He spent Tuesday night in the hospital getting IV fluids and other treatments. Sammy has hyperthyroidism and kidney problems. Click the badge to visit, if you have a moment.
Reading Counts Reporter
Assistant to Mum, a Literacy Tutor.