Do you belong? As we constantly learn to blog better, and become the presence we aspire to be, we sometimes come across a quote that resonates and know our friends will appreciate it too.
We came across some advice given to Andy Murray, Great Britain’s top mens’ tennis player. It was spoken by Andy’s coach back in 2006 in Cincinnati, USA just after Andy had beaten Roger Federer of Switzerland for the first time. A big event for the then up and coming star …. He said :-
‘Act Like You Belong’
Now, to us at Dash Kitten this means, knowing and believing we are part of a community of bloggers and fellow writing adventurers.
To you it might mean act like you belong at work, being a proud part of your company; or at your local rescue committing heart and soul to brushing the floors, emptying litter trays or feeding kittens, or being part of a sewing, or writing community.
Act like you belong means don’t feel you are sat on the sidelines powerless
It means :-
- Get out there and know you are part of something, that you belong, somewhere.
- As you strive at improving your job, your blog, or your writing, one step at a time – feel you are not alone.
- Acknowledge you are already a valuable part of a community, or a rescue.
- Luminaries like our friend and colleague Seville belongs.
- Pals ERin the Cat Princess, and Savannah’s Paw Tracks – they belong just like you do.
Act Like You Belong means getting out there and knowing you belong where you are. You work at improving your social media, your presentation and your writing and, as you work – you are already part of a community.
You do belong!
Do you belong reporter
– See more at: http://www.rascalandrocco.com/2015/07/pet-parade-100.html#sthash.1V0tFYfv.dpuf