A year ago today September the 6th 2013 (New Zealand time) we lost our beloved Founder Cat – Dash Kitten. International Pet Blogger and awesome, wonderful cat. His loss is one we are still coming to terms with and we take a moment today to honour our Best Boy.
We will take our inspiration for the tenor of our post from our mentor and friend Sparkle who passed away in August. She did not want people to mourn, she wished her friends to celebrate her life. So we will look for the blessings Dash’s blog has brought to us since it was founded in February 2012.
Dash was an hero to many, a popular kitty on Twitter and keen fundraiser and enthusiastic helper at the fund raisers taking place; he threw himself into everything with gusto. He was a partially sighted rescue kitten who’s zest for life was legendary to those who knew him locally. Knowing his own good fortune he committed to help others as much as he could – he counted his blessings daily.
For Twitter pals :- #TheAviators #Angels are doing an Honours Flypast SEP 6 – 7PM New Zealand – 8 AM UK
#TheAviators #Angels @MundarePeggy All are welcome to join us.
** Good Things from Dash **
- The support from friends since Dash passed has been immense. Their patience ongoing. Even now, a year later, a friend will give encouragement with we falter. They never say get over it, or move on. They simply offer love and encouragement.
- People read our blog posts – they share, they comment – it keeps us going, and we continue to improve!
- Our AnimalSOS posts are given attention on Google+, Twitter and FB thanks to our supporters, how lucky we are!
- We are inspired through International Pet Blogging Month by our fellow pet bloggers and friends – without Dash and the blog our lives would not be as rich and full of joy as they are.
- The cards people sent about Dash are still hung on ribbons on our wall – they mean a lot to us. They make us smile that our boy was so loved.
- We kept a page of the wonderful memorial images created by friends for Dash – they are lovely!
- We have never forgotten the comment made by a friend, in our blog post announcing the blog would continue, that it was taking a team to replace Dash Kitten. It made us smile more than anything 🙂
Thank you for joining us today.
Harvey Button, Miranda Kitten and Silver Kitten
Staff at DashKitten.com