One thing you may have noticed until recently on the blog was the absence of the usual “click through to YouTube if you can’t see this”….. so we have a confession to make, it has taken us a long time to get around to YouTube but we are there now.
We initially found working with YouTube a frustrating and confusing struggle, we ended up with three different accounts because Mum has a Google account, Dash has a Google account and after spending a lot of time cross-eyed trying to work out why YouTube wanted us to have more accounts we nearly gave up. I am sure there is a technical information but, we made it in the end! …
Vimeo vs. YouTube – A Confession
We have found one an alternative, one where we also host the videos for our blog, it suits us, and would like to introduce you to Vimeo. It has free and paid options and after using it for a while – here’s what we think.
Advantages to Vimeo:-
- Easy to use
- Basic Vimeo is free (500mb a week)
- Video school helps you improve your videos
- Options for free and modestly priced music tracks
- Web site is easy to navigate
- We feel happy there.
Diadvantages to Vimeo:-
- Only one. Unless you are on a paid rate, your video joins the queue of eager beavers all wanting to upload – this can take a while.
Youtube is a heap of fun for looking, listening, and finding How-To’s, but we are finding that for easy access and storing our blog videos Vimeo works really well.
Happy Video Making