It’s Family Friday here at DashKitten.com and it’s my turn to speak, because October is Adopt a Pet Month, and I am adopted. Yeah, yeah, I know, Mum wrote about me here, but I want to speak out for adopting (shelter) Pets in particular so I made a quick list for you.
Reasons to adopt a Shelter Pet :-
- You are not supporting evil puppy and kitty mills.
- You are adopting a cat or dog, maybe even a mistreated one, and you are it’s chance to believe and love.
- You are giving yourself a chance to Smile, Laugh, Walk the Dog and make your heart SING!
- You can adopt that senior cat that makes you laugh, you know, the one that purrs AND PURRS and plays like a kitten!
- You are keeping pet microchip companies in business! This is a GOOD thing 🙂
- Shelters care for ALL their pets – you adopt a cat or dog that is happy, well fed, vetted and loved by the volunteers.
- You are helping keep @PankythePanfur’s Mum in a job – his mum Edna works for Nutro – they ROCK the healthy food thing!
- You learn patience, love, gentleness from your new pet.
- You snatch one more LIFE from the grim jaws of death at animal control – Go on, make that TWO lives!
- You give a life new hope, new confidence, new family, new love.
Now, get out there, work out your budget, and see if you have space in your life, and your heart for a shelter pet.