We all have our favourite food but no-one here is a pet food snob! Have you met your local pet food snob? This kind of negativity you do not need as a household on a budget for pet food.
‘Oh I only feed my cat XX or XX, or I only use cat food that is handmade. I never feed it ANYTHING else” and they say it with such a superior ‘catitude’ you feel an inch high.
We are thankful for the food that arrives in our bowl every day, whether it is premium brand, or a more economic brand to fill a gap in the schedule! So, we join our friends at Brian’s Forever Home to celebrate the one thing we are most thankful for, our daily food bowl of Fancy Feast wet cat food.
What is a Pet Food Snob?
- A pet food snob expresses horror at the thought of anyone feeding ‘economy brand’ food to their pet. They forget that people on a limited budget buy what they can afford, not what they might love to feed their cat given a few more $$.
- A food snob makes people feel they are bad pet parents if they don’t feed premium food.
How to Fight the Pet Food Snob
- Don’t tell people what food you give your pet, it is none of their business!
- Love your pet, feed what you can afford, and love your pet some more.
- Do not feel guilty for not feeding food that might take up half your weekly family budget!
- Remember, the food a fussy person might turn down, will be warmly welcomed by a rescue, or TNR group feeding ferals.
We all want the best for our pets whether its wet cat food brands or dried. But, often, balancing your budget in these tough times means cents needs to be shaved off here and there.
For those in a tight corner, it is worth checking to see if there are ‘pet pantries‘ nearby. The friends we met last year at Kitty Corner, in the Bay area of San Francisco have a scheme to get pet supplies to local families in need. Make sure you look for this kind of help and keep a note in case friends need them. Knowing this kind of help is available can mean a pet stays with a family rather than gets surrendered to a shelter.
We are thankful for our home, and our food, and guess you are too – right?
[mc4wp_form id=”11795″] *************************************