We received a complimentary Petcube Play for review. We only share news and products we feel are relevant to our readers, because you matter to us. The opinions here are 100% our own and we are responsible for the content of this post.
“How is your Petcube Play guys?”
“Is the ‘Play’ bigger? Better?”
“What does it DO?”
As soon as word got out we would be reviewing the new Petcube Play pet camera, the questions began rolling in; so we are excited to bring you our review of the most stylish, modern and easy to use pet monitor on the market. Many have read our review of the Petcube Camera and wanted to know more about this one. There was a fight amongst the Dash Kitten Crew for who would write the review – Silver won!Silver’s Petcube Play Report
Hi guys, Silver, the Crew’s Tech Editor, reporting on one cool piece of technology! The Petcube Play is a fun and useful piece of equipment for any pet parent! It allows you to keep an eye on your cat or dog, and to communicate by voice if they need reassurance or interaction, while you are away. Even if you are somewhere else in your home, it’s fun to check the Petcube!
“Is the Play Bigger? Better?” The Play is lighter and more compact than the classic Petcube Camera, as you can see from the comparison picture I took. It continues the development of stylish design and product enhancement begun by its bigger sibling. The camera stands a mere 7.5 cms square or 3x3x3 ins and comes with a generous 2.7 metres (9 feet) of cable, allowing you to put the Play at different heights. It’s a compact powerhouse of pet monitor technology and you access it by using the Petcube on your own smartphone.
“What does it DO?” was the big question from our readers. Let’s me give you a run down of the major points here.
- The Play streams your video at 1080p which is very High Definition video. A bit too technical? OK, try this. The BBC, EBU and all major USA channels use HD at 1080, as does a Blu-ray player. It’s that good. It also looks great on your smartphone.
- There is a really fun laser for you to use when playing with your pet. The laser is certified safe for pets and human use. We have used the laser as a great toy when visiting other Play-mates around the world and feel happy when we are using it.
- There is clear two-way audio between you and your pet. You can chat on the pet cam from anywhere, although Mum does shut up sometimes!
- Sound and Motion Alerts This a big reason many people buy a pet monitor. The ‘Alert’ setting triggers a notification to you when there is movement or sound. This is useful if you have a pet you need to keep an eye on – a senior, or a nursing mom, foster kittens or a puppy in a crate. Settings for this are easy to adjust (even for my paws).
- FUN TIP You can now add a bio for each of your fur family. The Dash Kitten Crew aim to squeeze as many of us on as we can! Let people know who your pets are, it gives them a reason to get in touch with a fellow pup or cat.
- Most Petcube Play changes and adjustments are made in the easy to find ‘Camera Settings’ section of the Petcube easy to use app (see our snapshot below).
Petcube Play Report – The Special Features
There are some cool special pet cam features that you really need to know about. They take pet monitoring devices to a whole new level!
- The Night Vision Camera. This is the major update for many cat camera fans and it is the most fun ever! Not only does it allow you to see your pets during the day, you can keep an eye on them out when they are active during the night.
- FUN TIP Night vision makes your house look really different! Check out our daytime curtains, and the night-time version! Mum wishes we really had white curtains!
Petcube Play Report – CARE a New Feature!
This is really special! All users get 4 hours of CARE video history, which is free iCloud video time. Video is set to record by simple triggers – movement or sound. For the free video it records four hours, then starts again!
You have the ability to download and save video segments to show friends. The settings are simple to adjust for auto recording, and you can also stop your CARE recording by setting it to ‘sleep‘ at any time.
- For CARE video – you also have the option to buy more Cloud time, if you need it. Again, for specific purposes, this can be very useful e.g. a sick pet, noting how often a pet moves.
The Petcube Community
Finally, we need to mention one thing we really like that the publicity doesn’t spotlight – the growing community of Petcube members. You can see pictures other users have posted and comment on them via the PetCube app on your smartphone. This is one of the real treats of the Petcube community as cat cafes, ordinary people, and rescues, vet hospitals all have Petcubes, allowing you a glimpse into another pet world to your own.
- NOTE:- Our Petcube Camera Review is a Finalist in the 2017 BlogPaws® Nose to Nose Awards, the pet industry Pet Blogging and Social Media Awards. See the review here.
The Petcube Play is awesome – Go get one!
Silver Kitten with his
Petcube Play Report