Montage or Slideshow for the presentation of images? This was the question we posed list month here.
We asked which presentation method our readers preferred when viewing images and reports from places like BlogPaws, or places we visited for the blog.
- A Montage allows you to see all the images at once
- A Slideshow shows images individually scrolling one after the other.
Thanks to the comments and votes on our post, and the votes. We gained insights into how things works for everyone, or who has issues with the options available. The voting was very close indeed and seems to be a combination of personal preference, and what anyone’s technology could cope with, which is not surprising in our age of multiple communication forms!
Here’s what we found in the montage or slideshow vote :-
- 23 people voted. Slideshow 52% Montage 48%. There was only one vote between the two, so opinions were evenly divided.
- Some readers like the Montage presentation because they can see all the images, choose which picture interests them most, then click to ‘biggify’ it.
- Some mentioned that the Slideshow allows you to see the pictures bigger, and better and one at a time This was appreciated.
BUT we also found…..
- Slideshows don’t always work for everyone. This may be due to how different devices cope. Another idea – their software isn’t a good fit with the slideshow software. We are not sure, but perhaps you can suggest a possible reason?
- Some people do not realise that in a montage they can click and enlarge the images to see them better. We think that a way around this would be to add some kind of ‘Click to Biggify’ note above the montage. Do any of you do this?
Thank you everyone for responding to the poll, it was so interesting to get your responses and how close the opinions were! We hope you found our ‘pocket survey’ interesting!
Montage or Slideshow Reporter