This post is sponsored by Marsboy. We received a complimentary Cat Carrier for our honest review. We only share news and products we feel are relevant to our readers, because you matter to us. The opinions here are 100% our own and we are responsible for the content of this post. Oh, and Sienna really likes the carrier too.
You always need another pet carrier – right? Especially in a multicat household! So, we were pleased to be asked to create a cat product review for this Marsboy model why? Because it is different to the carriers we have at home. A carrier with a zip open viewing window!
We wondered about its size and suitability for carrying a cat comfortably, but were pleasantly surprised by how spacious and lightweight it is. Although this is primarily considered a small dog carrier, we know several cat buddies who travel by air to visit friends, or attend cat shows so think it is worth your consideration.
** This is a functional and well-made carrier for anyone needing quality on a modest budget **
For us, this is the perfect trip to the vet carrier; compact, with a ‘window’ option on one end to allow us smaller build cats to look around while waiting for our vet appointment. We find the engaged and actively interested adult and senior family members approve – the important thing is the correct cat fits into the carrier for your trip! [See our photo montage below for a great idea of the scale of the carrier.]
NOTE As this model is the small version, we strongly recommend you measure your cat’s height and width to ensure a stress free and comfortable kitty fit. Our Aunty Sienna, is of slim build and was a decent fit for this model. Having seen and handled the carrier ourselfes, we think slim cats, kittens, or what are sometimes called ‘teacup’ breeds, like Chihuahuas, will fit nicely into it with room to snuggle down for a ride.
If you have active, wriggly, cats we found from a recent vet visit experience (see montage below) that such cats will be able to escape via the window – only use the window if you know your cat is placid enough not to use it as an escape route.
** Would you want to travel in a cramped car? Ensure your pet has a comfortable trip in the correct sized carrier **
Useful stuff You Should Know about the Marsboy Pet Carrier.
- This carrier is ‘Airline Approved’ for ‘under the seat’ travel if you are going to fly. We are unlikely to, but know several buddies who make a regular trip to cat shows, do family visits; or visit hospitals as therapy cats; like our buddies Yanni (FB) or Summer Samba.
- The carrier has a pocket on the top to store a few treats for when you are in transit, and for a few small essentials like pet wipes or catnip mice.
- For human convenience, there is a sliding pad on the long shoulder strap, and a wap around carrier for the shorter webbing handles. Both mean you should be able to use the carrier comfortably. You can carry it a hand bag, or a cross-body bag to leave your
- Thanks to our buddy Speedy the bunny, we have been reminded that, yes, rabbits could be transported very well in the carrier.
- When set down, one end of the carrier unzips as a small ‘window’. A nice idea we thought – allowing a curious kitty to look around. If you have an active cat who does not regularly use a carrier – use the window with care, do not leave your cat unsupervised. The other end opens completely, allowing a cat to step freely out.
- What is the carrier made of? The material looks and feels durable, it’s called ‘Oxford cloth’ which is a waterproof and lightweight. The inside base removes for washing. While nothing stays ‘perfect’ forever, the fabric does seem solid enough for vet check ups and the occasional flight adventure! (Note:- Oxford cloth is a long-time staple of the garment and manufacturing industry that is machine washable, easy to maintain, and tends to hold its shape – ed)
- The Marsboy Portable Pet Carrier comes with a 12 month warranty, and, we are told by Topbrandbox that “If you meet any trouble with the product, please don’t hesitate to contact us!” This is reassuring to note from a manufacturer of pet equipment.
Pet Carrier Specification (Imperial & Metric conversions) :
The picture above gives you a good at-a-glance idea of the dimensions but here’s the skinny on exactly what to expect if you order the carrier:-
Size: 17″L x 8″W x 12″H / 43L x 20W x 30 H cms.
Color: Green + Black
Material: Oxford cloth + mesh + PE plate, the bottom is hard PE board
Carrying strap length: about 23″/ 56.5 cms
Strap length: about 30″-47″/ 76/119 cms (adjustable)
Recommended Pet Weight: up to 8.5 lbs / 3.5 kgs This model is for the slim and lighter weight pet.
Where can I buy the Marsboy Pet Carrier?
Miranda, and Sienna (Kitty model)
and our ginger visitor for the action shots!
The Marsboy Cat Carrier Team