What’s this, you say, a new look Dash Kitten? Don’t worry, it’s nothing scary, we are working towards a more ‘responsive’ layout that will welcome our iPad and ‘phone readers better. Inspired by the workbook BlogPaws® published in the run up to the 2016 conference, we are rethinking how we look.
- TIP The BlogPaws downloadable workbook is still highly relevant today to anyone aiming to improve their web presence – check it out.
A Sneak Peek at the New Look Dash Kitten
As part of our improved presentation we asked Debbie Glovatsky at Glogirly Design for help with new blog badges. We wanted something simple, elegant and welcoming that fitted in with our current theme, and Debbie tuned into our needs perfectly. Take a look at the About Us badge that will make its appearance in our sidebar soon, it’s awesome -right?
The newly designed Dash Kitten badges will be a real asset to our ‘look’ as they spotlight important elements for readers. Once our new blog theme is ready for the changeover, they will take pride of place in the sidebar. We have always aimed for a simple and clean aesthetic and limit our sidebar to affiliate links and blog information so the badges with be a perfect fit.[This will be when Mum has finished reading up how to transfer us to the new theme! We have had a lot of encouragement from social media friends and hope to make the change within the next two weeks.]
Thinking of a change yourself? Here are some tips to help you get the best from a designer.
- What are your site’s aspirations, your goals? These will help you focus on a look – Bright? Professional? Grungy? Serious?
- If you are unsure about what to ask a designer for, take time to gather images and ideas that inspire you. Organising your ideas means the designer has a starting point – this cuts down on unfocused, and possibly expensive, discussion time.
- Ask friends for designer recommendations.
- Set a budget and get a quote for your job. More designer work = more outlay of $$
- If you hate to ‘go it alone’ then chat with friends – they can help you focus. Give yourself permission to love or hate their suggestions in your search for the best design ideas!
For us the badges are an investment in our blog’s future, especially now we are home from BlogPaws and inspired by the many vendors and bloggers we met during our visit. If you want one simple graphic, or a full blog makeover your designer is there to help you!
Before you go, here’s our trailer for upcoming BlogPaws posts!