Professional Tips For Bloggers?
We could all do with some help – right, we all keep learning and keep improving!
It was the arrival of our fabulous new business cards that prompted this post. When our newly designed cards for the blog arrived we were really pleased with them. Like everyone, we want to present a good ‘brand image’ to the people we meet at places like our local pet expos, or the BlogPaws conference.
This prompted us to think about simple ways for blogs, and bloggers, to look more polished and professional without having to spend a lot of $£.
Ready for our Professional Tips For Bloggers ?
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times. It is not a good look for a blogger to appear to disparage either a niche of the blogging community, or a country.
- Blogs are read worldwide so respect your potential readers. Social media keeps bloggers in the spotlight.
- Present your blog well. Is it easy to read? Is it cluttered? Do you have a popup – it is well positioned, or intrusive and annoying. Blog themes and presentation have fashions and fads, like any developing technology. Check out the latest WordPress themes at Envato, or Creative Market, to see how bloggers are reinventing themselves right now.
- Make good images a goal Mobile ‘phones take outstanding pictures now. Make sure you have enough light and practice.
- Think local Try to network closer to home, as well as worldwide. Local meet-ups will allow you to present the person behind the blog, and allow you to get feedback. Give them one of your….
- Business Cards These are a great idea. Handing one out lets you guide people to your blog, rescue, or online shop, to encourage sales, views and shares.
- Visit other blogs. Go and say hello! This is something we aim to do a lot more of. This is one area we know that we can all improve upon.
- Check our Presentation Tricks post.
If you have a tip, let us know!